Arts Programme Assistant – Rye Creative Centre
Please send your CV along with your letter of application and the names of two referees to;
Paula MacArthur by email; email@example.com
or post to: Paula MacArthur, Rye Creative Centre, New Road, Rye, East Sussex TN31 7LS
Closing date 3 March 2017
Employer: ARRCC – Rye Creative Centre
Place of work: Rye Creative Centre, New Road, Rye, East Sussex TN31 7LS
Reports to: Arts Programme Manager & Gallery Curator
Hours of Work: 24 hours per week over 3 or 4 days, with some additional evenings and weekends work required earning time off in lieu.
Rye Creative Centre is a cultural hub housing a contemporary art gallery, theatre, art room, print room, ceramics room and studios for 27 resident artists known collectively as New Road Artists alongside ARRCC; a charity which assists in providing care and opportunities for adults with physical and/or sensory impairments, and learning disabilities.
The centre offers a dynamic programme of events, exhibitions, concerts, theatre productions and workshops for adults and young people in East Sussex and Kent throughout the year and also offers spaces to hire for workshops, events and meetings.
The Arts Programme Assistant is part of the Arts Programme Team, which comprises the Arts Programme Manager, Arts Programme Assistant, Gallery Curator, Theatre Coordinator, Administration Assistant and occasionally students on work experience placements and other arts volunteers.
The Arts Programme Team meets regularly with one another and with the Rye Creative Centre studio holders; New Road Artists, to report on progress of events, exhibitions, workshops and other projects to agree individual tasks, discuss ideas and issues across all areas of the programme and to confirm future programming timetables and plans.
Purpose of Job
The primary function of this post is to assist the Arts Programme manager and Gallery curator in delivering a programme of public events, talks, exhibitions and workshops in consultation with the Arts Programme Team and studio holders.
A good knowledge of Photoshop, Mailchimp and WordPress are desirable as is experience of runnning proessional social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
– Assisting with the day to day running of the Arts Programme at Rye Creative Centre.
– Assisting with future Open Studios and all other arts events.
– Assisting with the planning of the Arts Programme with the Gallery Curator, resident studio holders & guest curators as appropriate.
– Designing online and hard copy promotional material for exhibitions and arts events, using Photoshop.
– Updating the RCC website (WordPress) social media pages ( Facebook, Twitter & Instagram), and designing and sending regular newsletters (Mailchimp)
– Promoting and advertising the Arts Programme events, exhibitions, workshops and arts facilities through online listings, social media, press and regular Mailchimp newsletters.
– Assisting the gallery curator and exhibitors with installing, running and de-installing exhibitions.
– Assisting with managing Arts Programme budget for events, exhibitions, art room, print room and ceramics room, in consultation with the ARRCC CEO and team members. The Arts Programme has a monthly budget of £400 + income generated by exhibitions, events and room hire, as agreed with the ARRCC Chief Executive.
– Assisting with facilitating resident studio holders’ interaction with ARRCC members through workshops and activities, where appropriate.
– Assisting with nurturing relationships with relevant outside organisations such as local and regional galleries, arts institutions, schools and colleges in order to develop working partnerships and collaborations that benefit the wider scope of the Arts Programme.
– Liaising with studio holders individually and as a group – New Road Artists – to capitalize on mutually beneficial opportunities and assisting with promotion and career development wherever possible.
– Working as part of the office team to offer general office support. This includes answering the door and telephone, taking room bookings and key-holding duties.
– Some occasional weekend and evening work will be required, for which time off in lieu will be given.